Community Care Events
Article by KPC Media | KPC News | January 30, 2019
AUBURN — Auburn Main Street and the Downtown Auburn Business Association have announced details of upcoming Community Care events that will take place during February’s We Love Auburn Month.
Auburn Joy Rocks, hosted by Michaele Marks at T & B Paint, will take place Sunday from 1:30-3:30 p.m. Participants will paint inspiring, joy-filled rocks to disperse throughout Auburn. The cost of the class is $5.
“This painting class is to create beautiful rocks of joy that artists will place in different locations downtown for people to find and brighten their day,” said Marks. The class costs $5 per artist and will run from 1:30-3:30 p.m.
On Feb. 6, Bowls Frozen Desserts will host a Community Care event, donating a portion of its proceeds to Auburn Main Street.
Other Community Care events that will take place throughout February are:
• Dine 2 Donate at Mad Anthony Tap Room, Feb. 12;
• National Random Acts of Kindness Day Feb. 17;
• Wandering Statements Hometown Pride Shirt FUNraiser, Feb. 17;
• Auburn City Steakhouse Dine & Donate Feb. 19;
• Italian Grille Dine & Donate Feb. 19; and
• Skatin’ Station Skate for Auburn Feb. 24.
While several of the events are intended to be fundraisers for Auburn Main Street’s downtown revitalization efforts, all are intended to drive traffic and engage the community in the downtown.